SirLakhajirajMemorial’Bapu Nu Bavlu’
Sir Lakhaji Raj, the benevolent ruler of Rajkot died on 2nd February 1930 after ruling for 22 years. In homage to this great ruler, the people of Rajkot built the ‘Lakhaji Raj Smarak’. A marble statue was erected and is known as ‘bapu nu bavlu’. The sculptor of this beautiful statue was V.P. Karmarker from Bombay. It was inaugurated on 21st April 1934 by his son, the then Thakore Sahib of Rajkot Shri Dharmendrasinhji.
Kaba Gandhi no Delo
This is the house where Gandhi (Kaba Gandhi) lived while in Rajkot, serving as Diwan (Prime Minister) to the King. Gandhiji himself spent a few years of his early life here from 1881 to 1887. This is a typical Saurashtra ‘dela’ type house with a central approach from an arched gateway. It was built in 1880-81 A.D. Today, the lace houses an interesting photo essay of his life.
Funworld Amusement Park, Rajkot
Set up in 1990 by the Saya Amusement group, the Funworld Amusement Park has been making children from all walks of life happy since the time of its establishment. The park covers an area of over 5 acres in the posh Race Course area of Rajkot and is a must visit for families with children.
Built with a view to make amusement and entertainment accessible to all people without any regard to their social class, Funworld is one of the most loved amusements parks in Gujarat. One of the main attractions is the Hara Kiri which is a bigger version of the slides usually found in other parks. Another favourite with the kids, is the evergreen source of fun in the striking cars. The park also has a roller coaster in the form of the Sky Train.
Funworld has a food court that is filled with snacks and food such as ice creams, masala puffs and candies for the kids to satisfy their hunger as well as cravings on their day out. A must visit place for people who are travelling with kids or live in the area.
Alfred High School
Alfred High School, Originally called ‘Rajkot English School’ it was established on 17th October 1853. By 1868 A.D. it became a full fledged high school and came to be known as the Rajkot High School in 1886. It was named Alfred High School in the late 1907. The present buildings of the Alfred High School were built for kathiawar by H.H. the Nawab of Junagadh in memory of H.R.H. the Duke of Edinburg. This School was opened in January 1875 by H.E. Sir Philip Wodehouse, KCB, and Governor of Bombay. The architect of this imposing structure was Robert Bel Booth.